Roots and Wings School of Art is marking their first year with a new River Arts District studio and an open house which will take place the first weekend in October during the grand opening of Pink Dog Creative on Depot Street in the River Arts District. RWSOA will also have a Saturday morning hands-on art making and cereal eating party for families at their visual art pre-school classrooms at All Souls Cathedral in Biltmore Village. The event is free and open to the public.
Here are the adult and kid-friendly line ups:
Friday, October 1, 2010 from 6 pm – 9 pm
“An Evening at the Studio” Open House at Pink Dog Creative, Adult-friendly, kids welcome
342 Depot Street, Asheville
- Silent Auction with Items from RWSOA artists: 50% of proceeds support the Asheville City Schools Foundation
- Tasty soup from new, home-delivery Swallow Soup and other appetizers
- Tour the new studio and learn about:
- RWSOA private and public classes for adults, youth, kids and Asheville visitors
- Pink Dog Creative and other artists in the new warehouse studio
Saturday, October 2, 2010 at 9 am – 12 noon
Free Family Art Fest at RWSOA Pre-School at The Cathedral of All Souls
3 Angle Street, Asheville
- Kids and Parents can make hands-on art projects with RWSOA artists
- Eat Cereal and Milk—it’s Saturday mornin’ after all!
- Tour the visual art pre-school, and learn about classes from RWSOA
- Greeting cards with art created by kids attending RWSOA programming will be on sale: 50% of proceeds support Kliewerks Internationl’s outreach in Haiti.